Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Synopsis...


All my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go... Sort of
Wow, this is getting scary! I keep forgetting the size of this move.
My mind is still in, "You're going to school so you'll be back for Thanks Giving, Christmas, maybe some long weekend and definitely all of summer" mode. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore.
I have to start visiting some people because it's going to be a while before I come back.
Sure I'll come home for Christmas and the odd visit, but other than that I'm officially becoming a resident of Toronto. The big City. The home of opportunity. My big break.
A scary, yet liberating thought.

The next blog I write will be from my new home in Toronto. Two of my good friends and I found a quaint little place just West of downtown Toronto. Apparently it is in the "music and arts" section of town, so that will undoubtedly be a great place to live.

I also keep forgetting the magnitude of Toronto possibilities. Toronto is the largest city in Canada. If something big is happening, it's in Toronto. Music festivals, art festivals, awards, movie premiers, movie filming, television filming, recording labels, concerts etc. etc. etc.
If I work hard and devote ample time to Toronto and what it has to offer, there is no way I can't find all the information I need to get on this music bandwagon.
Not to mention all the underground activities you can find if you search hard enough. I recently stumbled (I feel as though me "stumbling upon things" will be something I will be doing a lot of in the next year or two) upon a store that hosts late night shows, raves, AND....... POETRY SLAMS!!!!! I am SO excited for that! Ever since I watched spoken poetry slams on youtube I have been CRAVING a chance to go to one, if not speak at one.
I think I'll be spending some serious time there!

There is going to be so so so so much to do down there. I hope I have time to take it all in.
I'm certain that for the next couple months I am going to be on such a creativity high that you'll think I'm drunk all the time. Just being engulfed in all the arts from drawing, painting, writing, to singing, music, and poetry is going to have my blood pumping harder than it ever has before.

I'll sign off for now, I have to pack my entire room into a bag at this point.
Next you'll hear is from the heart of it all,
ciao,
-isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment