Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Rain Made Me Do It....


I almost skipped writing today, but a sudden cool winded down poor not only dampened my plans but put me in the perfect mood to write. Rain somehow does that to me every time. Its like a drug that taps into the inner most creative part of me and awakens a suppressed spirit. I want to write, and sing, and paint, and draw and just live! I just feel the need to create something. It's really weird I know.
Anyway! A lot has happened since the last time I wrote. I'd been meaning to write earlier but you get busy and tired. You all know the scoop. I probably should be more committed but I'm only human here.
On the music front, I'm ecstatic as always. I played a show at a small homey lounge called "Fitzgeralds" and I've never had a more satisfying show in my life!
By no means was it a packed show, but I didn't mind it at all. At one point in the night it was literally only my cousin Jay, his girlfriend Rebecca, my aunt and two friends who were watching, but it made for a much more comfortable, intimate performance.
I had the opportunity to play for 2 hours and as I exhausted my list of songs I found myself in a place of serenity. Easily my favourite show to date. Very excited to play there more often!

In other news, we may have lost a man in our living quarters! My good friend Tom flew home yesterday to gather himself. He was in Toronto attending an acting school, but he quickly discovered it wasn't his niche. Tom is a lot like myself in our mentality of living. If we aren't happy doing what were doing, we won't waist time there.
I went through the same thing in Winnipeg, and if I hadn't left immediately, I wouldn't be in Toronto right now playing music and living the greatest life. I'm glad that he admitted it so soon.
His talk of home put me in a bit of a lonely mood however. Our talk of him leaving and why he missed home reminded me of just how incredible Thunder Bay can be and how amazing the people are that were in my life. I can say proudly that I have the greatest family, the greatest friends, the greatest girlfriend, and the greatest situation waiting for me back home, and by all means I'd love to be there. Thunder Bay is an easy city and that is what makes it so attractive. Unfortunately for me to find myself and to find the one path that would forever make me happy, I had to make that sacrifice. It's was the hardest part of this adventure and I'll never pass an opportunity to visit home. *sigh*

All home sickness aside, I am happy. Work is very good! Something about technology just makes me so excited! Not often are you excited to go to work.

On Sunday, I called up an old friend of mine, Theo Tams, from my Candadian Idol days! We managed to swing a Blue Jay's Game into the plans. We had third row seats beside third base! Never have I enjoyed the game of baseball as much as I did then. The Picture above is our view from our seat on the CN tower from the Rogers Center.

What an incredible, incredible musician Theo is. I recommend you check him out and follow his successes! http://www.theotams.com/

But, I have a ton of home reno to do on this rainy Tuesday afternoon. Putting up some blinds, painting some walls, mounting some TV's. Really starting to feel like home here. I'll post some pictures of the home at a later date.
Quick update for today, much more to come in the future!
Thank to anyone who reads along, hopefully my life is as exciting to you as it is to me! I've never been more excited to live.
till next time readers,
-isaac

2 comments:

  1. Hi.
    My name is Nathan Matthews.
    My kid brother's name is Isaac Matthews.
    I joined cause you have his name.
    But your writing ain't bad either.
    Follow my blog.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete