Saturday, August 1, 2009

To dream a dream...



And so it rained...



The city's been an indecisive monsoon for the past week; wake up to a beautiful, sunny morning, have lunch in a rain storm, get home from work with bright blue skies, have dinner whilst the window taps with rain, get cozy at home in the summer's night heat, fall asleep to the sound of thunder.
And although I groan in the absence of continual summer sun, there is a certain something about a rain shower that I will always be smitten by.
I've come to appreciate rain as my drug....my muse even. I am never so inspired to be creative than whilst doused in a torrential downpour. It's as though my creative spirit is sitting in the clouds and this is her way of reaching down and filling my mind and heart with artistic idea and thought.
When I was younger I would sing in the rain. I would dress up in snowpants (of which I dug out of my winter attire boxes), my fathers raincoat to ensure I would not get my clothes wet (as the jacket covered most of my legs anyway), any sort of rain shoe/boot I could find (if not sandals) and go singing in the rain.
I felt as though no one could here me. That the collective consciousness of the rain drops was to create a barrier of beautiful chaos that would not allow sound to leave. That I could scream and sing and yell as much as I wanted and it was only me listening. No one else could here me.

I find myself now sitting. Less full of pure physical energy, but equally as inspired to sing.
These days I'll sit on a step or porch and feel each individual raindrop strike my forehead.

I'll imagine myself on a stage...
Alone, with an audience of which I cannot see the end. The noise of the rain changes from a sporadic pattering of splashes to a dull, organized roar. The noise begins to seep its way into my imagination and completes the picture.
The noise of the shower becomes the roar of the audience....
I want to be no where else...

This is my dream, my goal.
I will affirm this many times in this blog.
Dreams are achieved by choice. You create your reality and I am everyday creating mine.
I will not only think of my dreams and goals, but write them here, and tell every person I know of them. The more I assure myself of their immanent existence, the more they will become just that.

I control my universe. You will hear my music. Someone will rely on my music. And I will be recognized as an artist.

This is my one life dream... And I only but await its existence



No comments:

Post a Comment