Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Ball, She Rolls.....

What an exciting and stressful time it is!
With my newly acquired pastime of booking many shows, learning new material, finding a place to live and making as much money as possible in one month, my ability to make myself far too busy than any person should ever be has been, once again, utilized splendidly.

My brain has been on overdrive the past week. With everything from living arrangements in Toronto, to bank loans, to full time work, to risking work for music, to editing videos, to sleeping properly, to supporting other musicians, I feel a bit.... overwhelmed we could say?

I look back to my enthusiastic, yet somewhat naive quote from before this all began;
"The best way for me to do this is to completely drown myself in it and then learn to swim"
A gallant statement..... I know

But then again if I don't have the balls to brave the storm than I shouldn't expect much from this career.
Every time I worry about it, however, I can close my eyes and trade in my constant stress to spend nights drowning in a sea of passion in front of an infinitely growing crowd chanting my name and singing my songs!
Ah, what a blessing dreams are. And what a strange phenomenon that human beings have created a homonym out of "dreams"

When I close my eyes, I drift off to my perfect dream world, full of love ....and sex and magic? haha Sorry....
Full of love, and passion, and people who make me happy, and absolutely un-limited imaginative control. I literally get whatever I want, how I want it, when I want it.
And then I wake up and the world tells me "Friend, that was only a dream. It can't really happen"....later followed by..."Follow your dreams! Live life large!"(But stay within global limits)

Let's make up our minds here people! If the dreams of everyday are but goals and realistic standards, I don't think they should be called dreams at all. Instead.... Desires

Luckily I'm stubborn, and rarely listen to what the world believes.

My dreams are in my sleep and in my reality and I carry them from world to world. I dream of things I know to be reality and if not now, WILL be reality.
My dreams while I'm awake shape my dreams when I sleep and vise versa.
Our dreams are subconsciously displayed before us without our control. It is almost literally your heart and soul saying "Hey!! This is what we want! Now make it happen chump!"

So let me challenge you...

Never wake up from your dream. Open your eyes and continue to live it. Those who tell you that dreams are too hard and too impossible for real life, close their eyes and dream of a world they wish was theirs. A world they'll never have. Why do that to yourself?

You dream your ideal life, so make life your ideal dream

It is in your hands to do, I promise...

Sleep tight and Sweet dre....
Sweet Lives :)




1 comment:

  1. its all coming into place, I see it now just keep going strong. lots of love - mel

    ReplyDelete